Is it possible to learn meditation? YES!
Step by step and day by day....
DO YOU WANT TO PRACTICE MEDITATION BUT DON'T KNOW HOW?
How do I start? What do I need? Which one of the many meditation techniques is right for me? Do I have to become a Buddhist? What progress and results can I expect? Can meditation also help to solve deeper personal problems?
You are having these and other questions about meditation? Very understandable. Those are more or less the questions all beginners are asking. And the TALO® Meditation Academy has the answers.
HAVE YOU TRIED MEDITATION BUT IT DIDN'T WORK?
Many start practising meditation in some way but unfortunately very few continue for much longer. And it's a pity because meditation is THE way to overcome suffering, a way many people followed successfully throughout centuries. But the practice of meditation should be taught and learnt well like other important things in life that can have a deep transformative effect.
Only then we will have the information and experience we need to overcome initial difficulties, to really make progress and make meditation become a regular part of our life.
HERE'S THE SYSTEMATIC INTRODUCTION YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR.
Meditation as we know it today comes mostly from the Asian traditions of Buddhism, Hinduism and Taoism where the practice is taught in religious communities by masters/priests to students/disciples in the personal style of that teacher.
In the modern age most of us are used to learning in a different way: We like to learn systematically step-by-step following interesting instructions and solving helpful exercises. Meditation courses like this can rarely be found.
In the TALO® WebSangha you can regularly participate in guided online meditations and talk about your experiences.
Everybody is welcome, especially beginners!
The TALO® MEDITATION ACADEMY
- A free online course called "What is Meditation" with 3 lessons which help you to understand what it's all about
- A systematic online introductory course called "How to Meditate 1-3" in three parts of four lessons each
- Every lesson is made of 9 or 10 steps with explanations, exercises, guided meditations and multiple-choice tests
- You can follow the single steps of the lessons in your own time
- TALO® WebSangha: Regular free online meetings with guided meditations and discussions about the meditation practice
- Part 1 - Sections 1-4: Concentration, how to overcome hindrances, mindfulness of the body, how to create a meditation space at home, sitting meditation postures, breathing
- Part 2 - Sections 5-8: Mindfulness of sensations, meditative observation of thoughts, types of walking meditation
- Part 3 - Sections 9-12: Transformation of negative emotions through acceptance, love and contact to your inner child, mindfulness practice in every day life)
What type of meditation do we practice?
TALO® means "Transformation through Awareness and Love" and is the combination of the following two elements:
- Meditation based on the traditions "Zen Rinzai" and "Vipassana"
- Visualised meditations from the tradition of spiritual therapy and emotional transformation like for example taught by Eckhart Tolle, Jeff Foster, Bentinho Massaro, Sri Mooji or Robert Betz.
TALO® MEDITATION HAS 3 KEY CHARACTERISTICS
- STRUCTURE: TALO® Meditation can be learnt step-by-step in structured courses and seminars. Unfortunately this is not always the case, often meditation is explained without any kind of structure or system.
- EMOTIONS: Emotional transformation through meditative visualisations and a solid daily meditation practice.
- NO ORGANISED RELIGION: Meditation mostly based on the teachings of the Buddha - but without the "ego based entity" (Eckhart Tolle) of organised religion.
IS TALO® NEW?
No, it isn't. TALO® has been praticed by a lot of people in various countries for many years now. It's been the basic practice of the Sangha Ticino, a meditation comunity based in Lugano/Switzerland, for more than 10 years before it became international with the TALO® Meditation Academy. TALO® has helped many people. Try it. It can help you as well.
TALO® MEDITATION ACADEMY